Thursday, September 24, 2009

Flying Kite

I think my NTU friends are not that interested in flying kite. They prefer to play mahjong, citadel and bridge instead :)

The wind is very strong today in Buangkok and my eagle flew very high! So exciting. As there was not much wind yesterday, the Sengkang people taught me how to fly a kite but they didnt teach me how to retrieve a flying kite that was 200 m above ground level. It was a battle. The tension is so strong but I am going to buy a 500m string tomorrow. Hope the wind is strong tomorrow so that I can fly a 500 m kite : )

I still remember when I was at the top few levels of Taipei 101, one of the tallest building in the world, something flew past us. Jason, GB and I were debating what it is. I kept insisting that a kite cant fly above a 500m building, trying to show off my knowledge. But on closer look, it was a gigantic kite. I was stunned of course. It will be cool to gain some knowledge to fly a 500m :) Actually at 300m, I am very worried a plane might pass by. Today I played with a small little girl and I passed her my kite. She was very shy and I hope my nephew will like my kite too. I always think of bringing my nephew to play in the playground at pungool park. I better do it before I start working.

Thanks pong for the picture :)


Trying hard to make the kite fly. It seem to tilt sideways :(

No comments:

Post a Comment