This book was recommended by Shunzhong and is written by Nassim Nicolas Taleb.
I only read a few dozens of pages and it kinda of answer my previous post.
It wrote: I don't really care about the usual. If you want to get an idea of a friend's temperament, ethics, and personal elegance, you need to look at him under the tests of severe circumstances, not under the regular rosy glow of daily life. Can you assess the danger a criminal poses by examining only what he does on a ordinary day? Can we understand health without considering wild disease and epidemics? Indeed normal is often irrelevant. Page xxiv
Review:
I feel that this book is challenging the way people only look at the things that happen often and ignore outliners. I will try to read more before I comment on. A great book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment