Friday, March 27, 2009

Pan Asian Round 3 - I dun like SMU groups

This Pan Asian game is about pricing your goods and sell your goods. The store will the highest profit wins the game. It works almost like CESIM which is a game familiar to most NTU yr 3 students now.
Let just see how SMU people works.

SMU groups are losing to NTU groups by a huge margin and so they are thinking of ways to overtake the NTU groups. There is a rule in this game such that if your price is more than the (average pricex1.3), your store will not sell any goods. So from the information which I was given, the 5 SMU groups could have collude together to sell low so that the 3 NTU groups could not sell any. By company law, collusion of price is not allowed and I strongly feel their plot should be exposed and this is not ethical. Explicit collusion is not allowed.

To make it to layman terms, imagine all your supermarkets collude (NTUC, SHOP N SAVE, SHENG SIONG), they started to collude to charge high price to the customers. However, in the game, SMU groups collude to charge low prices. I am very disappointed with the SMU ppl. It had just wasted my 3 hours to think what to do in Round 4.

Fortunately, the system still allows all the NTU groups to sell but i cant figure why we are allowed to sell thou. However, I am still worried I could not sell any next round. See the picture for my details. They used to sell at different prices at $40 to $52 at round 2. You can see 4 SMU groups sell at 13 dollars and one group sells $16 at round 3. Enlarged version of Round 3. Its clear that they set low prices purposely.



Please take note that this is a personal observation and would not bear any responsibility for any misrepresentation. Please read with a skeptical mind.

4 comments:

  1. Doubts cleared! Now I understand more about this competition and thanks for the layman terms. =)

    Look on the bright side, Boy. That's why it is a strategy game. Your time isn't wasted, but instead, you have made good use of it.

    Objection - I cannot click on the pix and can hardly read the details on it! =(

    Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been riding on luck thou. Imagine I cant sell any at all. :( Final result will be out on Sat 600pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel but look on the bright side: Take it as a learning experience. Efforts and hard work will be paid off, even if the results aren't what you were expecting, at least you know you tried and have given your very best.

    Don't think so much from now till tomorrow 6p.m.

    Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is obvious collusion. Is the cost of products factored in? Price dumping may break anti-competition laws too.

    ReplyDelete