Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dental visit today, AA306 and SIA

I went to NDC (National Dental Centre) today. Waited for half hour but I am still grateful that my dentist helped me push my dates earlier so that I can fix this implant sooner.

Total cost for Stage 2 implant = $1200... GST = $80 :/ No wonder the govt gives me GST credit. Today the total cost increase from $700 to $1200 cos I am paying the material upfront. The materials are white gold and titanium. So next time I die rite, I will ask my wife to take out my tooth and sell.

So back to AA306.. Suddenly my tutor changes my question 2 for goodwill impairment. Dun understand the purpose as it only change the figures but not the essence of the balance sheet. Weird.. So now i will type out my ppt for my friday presentation.

I was cursing SIA yesterday right.. SIA cancels even more flights today and CIMB downgrades it to TP $7.60. A 40% discount of its NTA.. Net tangible asset. Its like buying 60% of their value of airplanes (assume their airplanes is bulk of their NTA and is at cost minus depreciation) if it hit $7.60. (Disclaimer: I haven really research on SIA yet but inital figures are provided by analyst and own assumptions). We still haven count the intangible asset of SIA brand.. Today.. it drop like a poo.. 4% off... The power of analyst to influence retailers...
So thats the only good about taking accounting. I get to understand the ratios and apply it amateurly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment