Yesterday, I went to airport to send Daniel off. As I was early, I decided to went back to CAAS to see my former colleagues. But it was Sunday.. Hai. Bought some chocolates for him and Sz but he complained too heavy which i think quite true cos he still bring his laptop along. Her mum looked so sad when Daniel was leaving and hugged him before he checked in. Her eyes almost welled with tears. A touching scene.
So I was reading this online article saying that a man was jailed 9months for having sex with an underage prostitute. The prostitute was 17yrs old but a new law was enacted to prevent below 18 year old from plying the sex trade. The defence lawyer appealed that his client do not know about this new law but the Judge dismissed that and said that it was widely debated in newspaper and Parliment
The main issue I am concerned about is that NOT every Singaporeans read news and I was totally unaware of this law too. It is too demanding for everyone of us to get updated to news everyday too. So, if one day, you were convicted of something u are ignorant about, how does it justify fairness. I feel sad for the man if he is totally ignorant about the new law though i think most people out there will say he deserved it for playing around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i really think he deserves it.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA.
next time if you go taiwan (for your grad trip or Pan Asia), i will also stand at the departure gate .. i'd do more than sob. TEEHEE.