Sunday, May 16, 2010

Watching Tv

"The media can wreak great harm on the family when it offers an inadequate or even distorted vision of life, of the family itself and of religion and morality."-- Pope John Paul II, May 2004

I have recently fallen into the trap of watching lots of tvs. I have decided to remove my tv from my room after reading a blog entry to kill your television. Everyday after work, I will reach home and play with my nephew for 15 mins. After which I will on my tv from 9pm to 11pm. Then I will realise how come my weekends night are so short. Furthermore, I am addicted to Football Manager and even bought a new computer to play this game. I will on my game and watch tv at the SAME time. Super multi-tasking right? Haha.

I decide to remove my tv from my room as I have the tendency to switch it on when I have nothing to do. I will still watch the programme even though the content is empty. I am quite addcited to the 10pm channel U show, Bai Quan Nu Wang. Over this weekend, I have finally finished watch Bai Quan Nu Wang. This show is super nice and I almost cry! So touching..

This post is not asking my friends to stop watching tv but to do selectively watching. Watch Dvds or online. It is important to skip the commericals. Choose shows that is meaningful and something you like. Don't do channel surfing :)

I can only say I still can't remove my game addiction as of now. Anyway, this game is very mathematical, its about controlling a club's finance, buying and selling players and deciding the tactics to face your competitiors. I think I have repeated alot of times that anything with simple numbers, I will spend hours trying to earn profits or make it better. So for now, I am still living in a virtual world. Hope I can get out of it sooner or later.



No comments:

Post a Comment